Thursday, January 5, 2012

Vintage Fun & Vintage Finds

I am finally joining up at Vintage Thingie Thursdays. I love seeing all the vintage finds there. I'm starting off with some fun vintage finds I came across this past summer while scouring thrift stores, garage sales, and estate sales. I was collecting small vases and bottles to photograph with flowers so i could use them on notes cards to give to friends and family. I found a lot of interesting and fun items.

My favorite is this small pitcher.

After getting it home I looked up the mark on the bottom and found out it is Balleek bone china. It is a creamer, and is missing the sugar bowl. That's allright though, I like it as a small vase. It was produced between 1946 through 1955. This photo was edited with Kim Klassen's 12 Days of Christmas Textures, Providence and Wonderful Magic.

Another fun find is this Welch's "Junior" bottle. I'm not sure of the date, but they started making them in the 1920's. It made a nice candycane reindeer holder for the holidays.
I couldn't resist putting it in a vintage frame from The CoffeeShop Blog

Here are a couple more of the vases I found. I'm not sure how old they are, but they sure looked vintage. The only marking on this vase was "Japan" so i figured it was a trinket type souvenir. It only measures 4 inches across.

This vase had no markings and looked to be handpainted. It's so pretty and delicate looking.
These two photos were edited with the French Kiss Garden Whimsey textures, Dirt and Dandelion Fuzz.

Well I could go on about the other vases and bottles I found, but I am anxious to get over and link to see what everyone else has found. Happy Thingie Thursday!


7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing all your vintage goodies toady. You are using them all very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the swirl on the pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are building up a wonderful and handy collection of flower containers for your cards. Very pretty editing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Textures are so addictive! New follower.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the party. One of your vases reminds me of a 'genie' lamp. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am now happily following you, Cathy. Don't you just love what textures do to photos?! I especially like the little white pitcher you found at the thrift store. The violets are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those will all work out so great for photos. I really like the creamer and the bottle.

    ReplyDelete