Monday, April 2, 2012

Moving Pictures, TtV, and Texture Tuesday

I love to edit pictures, that is no secret : ) The before and after photos always amaze me, guess that is why I love mouseovers. I get as excited as a child when I come across them, so I decided to incorporate some edits into my moving pictures that I'll be posting over at georgia b's blog for Moving Pictures Monday. I can't take credit for the idea, as I borrowed this idea from Candace over at GLENROSA JOURNEYS. I recently received one of the Rad Labs editing plug-ins as a gift, so I thought I'd put it to work in my next moving pictures post. I used the following SOOC TtV picture, and once I had it straightened and cropped, I ran it through the Rad Labs stylets.



This is a compilation of the results...



I've decided that Monday will remain a twofer day. So in keeping with the theme of this post, I've decided to incorporate Texture Tuesday's theme, Soft, with my moving edit and a faux TtV frame. I took this photo with the soft mist and added Kim Klassen's textures: Happy Hearts, Mayzee, Portrait, and Edward. Then I added a frame in picnik to resemble a TtV frame.



And here is the result...a moving textured picture of the soft mist that envelops the foothills of Mt. Diablo. It's sort of a mouseover, but you don't have to do any work : )


Or if you prefer, the non-moving picture...




Time to get posting over at...
And
kimklassencafe

14 comments:

  1. oh, my! so much beauty to behold in this post! just like last week, these are all so gorgeous. i really like candace's processing steps animated gif, too. it's a neat way to show the progress of an image you lovingly and painstakingly took the time to alter. the wonderful thing about your images here... they are all so lovely, even before you played around with them. they only went from beautiful to more beautiful.

    loved this... your moving pictures get better each week! can't wait to see what you keep coming up with. oh, and thank you for your feedback and comments on m.p.m... it really helps! so glad you are participating regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the combination of moving pictures and textures. I like seeing how the final photo came about. both photos works well with the texture and the frame.

    thanks again for your visit. I hope you have a sweet, sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty soft is your photo and oh how fun is the moving picture! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image, I love the treatments you gave it. It's fun to see the changes in a moving picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These moving pictures are so cool! I'll have to go check out Moving Pictures Monday and Glenrosa Journeys! I love the dreamy picture you created of the foothills! Nicely done!

    xo,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! Those have to be northern California hills and trees - right? Beautiful treatments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...my old stomping grounds! You've brought back some *moving* memories of my times there...lots of hiking on Mt. Diablo :>]] Really love your texture choice on the last pik - perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, these are awesome and fun! and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! these moving pictures really are fun, you should go check out georgia b's blog to find out how to do them...you will become addicted! they add a whole new dimension to photography.
    Dianne and Sweetpea, yes this is the S.F. Bay area so glad you recognize it : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. your photo and process of the foothills is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the moving pictures =) and seeing the various results you can get with the same photo. I've heard about Rad Labs - I'll have to check it out. Happy MPM and TT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I loove the edit in that final photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how cool! I really love the one with the textures.

    ReplyDelete